VikingsCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of VikingsCon participants in any form. VikingsCon participants violating these rules may be expelled from VikingsCon, without a refund, at the discretion of VikingsCon staff.
CosPlay and Costume Weapons Policy
Any weapon that could seriously hurt somebody is not allowed. Specifically, but not limited to:
- - Functional firearms – that includes paintball, airsoft, bb guns, cap guns, any gun that shoots a real projectile or causes a real explosion
- - Realistic firearms – any gun that could be confused for a real gun
- - Prop weapons made of a hard material such as metal or glass
- - Functional projectile weapons - any weapon (crossbow, slingshot, bow and arrow, etc) that discharges a projectile
- - Metal-bladed weapons
- - Explosives
- - Loud props such as whistles, horns, etc.
Prop weapons are allowed at VikingsCon, as long as they meet the following criteria: That they are composed of cardboard, foam, or something light. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps. Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips and will not be shot.
Prop weapons will be allowed into VikingsCon at the discretion of VikingsCon Staff and uniformed security personnel. Safety is paramount, we will always err on the side of caution. There will be no place to store prohibited weapons on-site. If you have a weapon that is prohibited, you will be escorted from the venue and not allowed back in with the weapon.
If you purchase a prohibited weapon from a Vendor, that weapon must be peace-tied (i.e. the blade must be secured with a zip-tie so that it cannot be unsheathed). If you are not able to peace-tie the weapon and do not have a place to store your vendor-purchased weapon outside of the venue, such as in your vehicle, the vendor will be responsible for storing and tagging your weapon. You will then need to pick up your vendor-purchased weapon, at the end of the day, from the vendor.
Please use common sense! We are trying to create a safe space for everyone.
Re-enactors Weapons Policy
Only approved re-enactor group members and approved members of the VikingsCon programming will be permitted to carry live blades. However, those live blades must be Peace-Tied (i.e. the blade must be secured with a zip-tie so that it cannot be unsheathed). All live blades must be accounted for at all times by the approved member. Vikingscon Staff and Security are not responsible for your gear.
Panel Room Policy
Panel rooms that hold Q&As with celebrity guests will be cleared after each panel.
- - If you attend a panel and then wish to attend the next panel in that same room, you will need to exit the room and enter the queue that is designated for the upcoming panel.
- - No cutting in line.
- - No holding spots in line for others.
Please look for signage at the convention denoting which rooms will be cleared after panels. VikingsCon Staff reserves the right to remove any persons from the Panel room who may be engaging in behavior that his disruptive to celebrity guests and attendees.
Professional Photo Op Policy
- - Lines for photo-ops start 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Lines will be created by VikingsCon Volunteers. Any lines created prior to 15 minutes before the scheduled photo-op start time are not “official” and will not determine your place in line.
- - Please have your photo-op ticket ready while you are in line, BEFORE you enter the photo-op room. When you are in the photo-op room, personal photos and videos are strictly prohibited. Selfies are not allowed.
- - If you have items that you do not want to be in the photo, please place them on the designated table when you enter the photo-op room.
- - Be respectful to all celebrity guests in the photo-op room, and please be respectful to other fans while in line. Try to move quickly through the line as there are other people waiting behind you. Do not ask for autographs or give gifts to the celebrity guests in the photo-op room. Guests are scheduled for autograph signings and Q&A sessions separately, this is to be fair to everyone and to make sure that all attendees have a great experience.
- - Photos will be available for pick-up within 1 hour of the end of the session. Please check frequently for photos as they are usually done earlier.
- - JPEGS are available for an additional charge at the Photo-Op Booth. Additional printed copies are also available for an additional charge.
- - Photos are for personal use ONLY. They are subject to copyright and cannot be sold to a third party or altered in any way.
- - If you have special needs, please speak to VikingsCon Staff or a volunteer for assistance.
- - Photo op tickets are sold separately from autographs. Autographs can be paid for at the guest’s autograph booth. Photo op tickets will only be sold at the photo op ticket booth.
- - Up to two people can be in each photo with one photo op ticket.
- - If you have a VIP pass, you must be in the VIP line 10 minutes prior to the photo op session’s start time or you will need to go into the general photo op line.